Corporate & Financial Practice
Toronto / August 30, 2017
We’re looking for a motivated, successful communications professional to be the newest Vice President in our growing Corporate & Financial practice in Toronto. Leading senior-level client relationships will be an important part of your role, and you’ll enthusiastically seek new ways to provide value and expand business opportunities. You are a hands-on, trusted advisor who thinks strategically and considers both client and agency business objectives. This is the ideal position for a person who is comfortable using evolving communications approaches, and you want to work with, and manage integrated teams of specialists including those focused on strategy, content development, earned media, analytics, digital, creative, and paid – in keeping with evolving client needs and your desire to stay at the top of our profession.
- Build strong and trusted senior business relationships across client organizations;
- Possess an understanding of clients’ businesses and competitive environments to add value in their business planning and ensure our work is aligned with their strategic direction;
- Create and maintain a pipeline of new business opportunities, lead new business responses and support integrated agency efforts;
- Manage direct reports, including formal and informal performance management, and provide mentoring to mid-level and junior staff;
- Lead multi-faceted client programs throughout all stages of project development, harnessing the agency’s deep and growing roster of experts and services;
- Ensure client teams deliver flawless customer service, high-quality outputs, and outstanding, measurable results;
- Support strong financial performance across multiple accounts/projects, i.e. profitability, income, and growth;
- Stay abreast of emerging marketing trends and platforms, and deliver creative and innovative ideas and solutions;
- Serve as an active member of the practice and agency leadership teams, contributing to administrative, operational, marketing, leadership, educational and cultural activities;
- Support the firm’s recruitment efforts, including active networking for talent and maintaining a pipeline of candidates.
Critical thinking skills
- Proactively identify and manage critical issues to solve problems; demonstrate resilience and adapt to evolving situations, plans, and strategies;
- Determine best results-oriented opportunities for meeting client objectives;
- Prioritize work in order to stay organized and focused on highest impact, most time-sensitive items;
- Identify opportunities to provide additional services and programming to clients, knowing who from the agency to involve, and when;
- Effectively manage risks, anticipate challenges, investigate, monitor and resolve.
- Experience managing people and teams;
- Strong understanding of a consulting business model, including forecasting, budgeting, profitability;
- Demonstrated ability to plan and produce integrated strategies for clients;
- Strong command of key tactical elements of communications consulting including content marketing, public affairs, executive support, issues management, internal communications, media relations, influencer relations, stakeholder relations, social media, paid support and measurement.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- A passion for client service.
- Outstanding communication and listening skills.
- Confident, professional, mature disposition.
- Positive, collaborative and solution-oriented.
- Proactive, self-motivated and highly reliable.
- Committed to the growth and success of others.
- Self-aware and open-minded.
The Corporate & Financial practice serves a large roster of diverse clients. Familiarity with the following sectors is a plus:
- Financial services (e.g. banking, insurance, financial advice, credit, lending, fintech)
- Professional services (e.g. accounting, law, architecture, engineering, consulting)
- B2B products and services
- Trade- and industry associations
- Energy & Sustainability
- 10-15 years’ professional experience, including a minimum of eight years’ management and leadership experience
- Agency experience, preferably at the senior level
- University degree and/or relevant college certificate/diploma