Corporate & Financial Practice
Toronto / May 23, 2017
The Toronto Corporate & Financial Practice is looking for candidates with 6-8 years of relevant experience in corporate and financial communications, ideally including time at an agency. The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to own client relationships and be an integral component in planning and content creation for campaigns with senior-level support.
Stewarding senior-level client relationships will be an important part of your role, and we’ll look to you to seek out new ways to provide value and expand business opportunities. You are a trusted advisor who thinks strategically and considers both client and agency business objectives. This role is the ideal position for an integrated communications professional who has a keen interest in evolving communications approaches, is channel- agnostic, and digitally/socially savvy. You want to work with, and manage integrated teams of specialists including those focused on strategy, content development, earned media, analytics, digital, creative, and paid – in keeping with evolving client needs and your desire to stay at the top of our profession. Your responsibilities will include:
- Building strong and trusted business relationships across the client organization through regular contact, continually seeking to identify and secure new opportunities for healthy growth;
- Developing a solid understanding of the clients’ business and the competitive environment to add value in their business planning;
- Effectively integrate earned media strategies with a range of marketing approaches;
- Managing multiple facets of client programs, including strategy development, public and influencer relations, social marketing campaign execution, creative, community management, and analytics and reporting, in order to meet integrated communications objectives;
- Providing team leadership throughout all stages of project development to ensure that work is aligned with client’s strategic direction;
- Supporting team delivery of tasks and projects, accountable for high-quality service delivery to agreed deadlines;
- Supporting strong financial performance across multiple accounts/projects, i.e. profitability, income (including forecasts) and growth (business development/new opportunity)
- Actively contribute to regular client status meetings and manage/maintain up-to-date client reports;
- Proactively identify and manage critical issues to solve problems; demonstrate resilience and adapt to evolving plans and strategies;
- Staying up-to-date on trends and platforms, and being equipped with creativity and innovative ideas;
- Evolving and challenging client briefs – and teams – to deliver on business and communication objectives.
You have 6-8 years of professional communications experience, ideally with an emphasis on corporate communications and B2B, financial or professional services – preferably within an agency environment. Experience and/or strong familiarity with financial services and personal investing matters are a definite plus. You have an understanding of, and enthusiasm for, the evolving PESO model (paid/earned / shared/owned), and a university degree in communications, marketing, journalism or a related field and/or a post-graduate certificate in public relations.
You are able to…
- Determine the best results-oriented opportunities for meeting client objectives when faced with multiple competing priorities;
- Prioritize work in order to stay organized and focused on highest impact, most time-sensitive items.
- Determine and recommend opportunities for integrating marketing efficiencies including content and channel optimization;
- Effectively manage risks, anticipate challenges, investigate, monitor and resolve;
- Determine the critical nature and level of issues, provide expertise and support in the decision-making process.
- A demonstrated ability to plan and produce content for various purposes, including blogs, news releases, media advisories, presentations, whitepapers, strategic communications plans, social content and video scripts;
- Outstanding media relations skills, including story development, pitching and developing journalist relationships;
- Proficiency with digital/social media platforms and tools for business, such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Radian6, GroupHigh, Google monitoring and advertising tools. Understanding of SEO and SEM is a plus;
- Strong planning and project management skills, with an eye for detail and an ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks and competing priorities, manage the day-to-day execution of integrated communications tactics and develop strong client relationships;
- A solid understanding of agency economics (e.g. budgeting, utilization, project estimates etc.).
- Passionate about delighting clients through exemplary, proactive service;
- An outstanding verbal and written communicator;
- Confident, professional and mature in personality;
- A team player that thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive, self-motivated, highly reliable;
- Comfortable dealing with multiple clients and teams, meeting their objectives and priorities;
- A coach and mentor to junior team members, effectively delegating work, sharing relevant context and regular feedback;
- Inspiring to others through your collaborative, positive style;
- Hungry for ongoing learning and self-improvement.
We promise a stimulating experience in a diverse, unique agency environment, where learning and professional growth is a priority and your contributions and ideas are welcomed and appreciated.
Environics has been carbon neutral since 2008 and a caring member of the community. We take pride in following best practices in corporate social responsibility. Our CSR Report is available on our website at http://bit.ly/2r2xnHY
If you are looking for an opportunity to join a positive and dynamic team, grow your skills, and create meaningful communications programs please complete the form below.
Only those candidates short listed for an interview will be contacted.