Health & Wellness
Toronto / August 30, 2016
We are seeking a positive and energetic Senior Consultant to join its growing Toronto Health & Wellness team.
Environics Communications is a marketing communications agency that offers innovative communications solutions to its clients. Content champions and brand stewards to some of North America’s most respected and well-known brands, Environics Communications’ approach to clients’ needs is guided by data and insights-driven research, deep subject expertise and smart, creative thinking. Our entrepreneurial and collaborative culture creates team members that feel challenged, engaged and rewarded for great work.
The Toronto Health & Wellness Practice is looking for candidates with 6 to 8 years of health-related public relations communications experience, ideally in an agency environment. The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to own client relationships and be an integral component in planning and content creation for campaigns with senior-level support.
We are looking for a confident, grounded, passionate, and sharp individual who is willing to cultivate and build client relationships – someone who thrives on variety and will take initiative. Applicants must also be strong project managers, including the ability to oversee projects as well as teams on multiple client accounts, and bring a demonstrated track record of executing and leading successful client programs that measurably support clients’ business objectives. You will have excellent written and verbal communications and presentation skills, and a demonstrable knowledge of current events in health, media channels and social platforms.
Reporting into the team’s Vice President, the successful candidate will:
- Own client relationships on assigned accounts, manages day-to-day activity, and client counsel
- Lead the execution of integrated communications programs – and will collaborate well with team members from GR, Digital and Creative – targeting the public, patients, key stakeholders as well as internal audiences
- Work with a team to research, develop and project manage strategic and tactical implementation of client programs and events
- Lead material creation including media materials, social content, internal and corporate announcements
- Support in the development of strategic plans and presentations
- Manage billing, account profitability of assigned client accounts
- Coach and mentor junior team members by effectively delegating work and providing frequent and constructive feedback and contributing to their development
- Have a passion for, with some experience in, working with teams on new business proposals and pitches
Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will be positive, collaborative and a dedicated team player that strives to deliver smart ideas and exceptional service with measurable results to clients.
- 5 to 8 years of experience in a communications agency
- Excellent written and verbal communications and presentation skills
- Understands and uses social media and relevant tools to assist in integrated campaign and program planning and in generating results
- Can effectively manage multiple projects and deliverables from start to finish, showing attention to detail and motivating support teams to achieve success
- Has strong media and influence relations skills including story development, pitching, and a passion for measurement
- Excels in working with a variety of clients including pharmaceutical health, consumer health, as well as not-for-profit patient organizations
- Has some understanding of the business elements of an agency, including revenue, profitability, pricing structures, utilization, and budgeting
At Environics, we believe that exceptional work and having fun is the best path to a successful marketing communications agency. Two decades of continuous annual growth have proven that philosophy. We offer market-level compensation and are an award-winning agency.
If you are passionate about heath and wellness and looking for an opportunity to join a positive and dynamic team, grow your skills, and create meaningful campaigns please complete the form below.
Only those candidates short listed for an interview will be contacted.