Toronto / January 5, 2018
In this role, you will work closely with the strategy and integrated planning teams to help identify insights that help shape our marketing and communication plans. You are expected to draw insightful conclusions to support strategic development and deliver valuable analytical insights quickly by applying critical thinking to perform sound analysis. You know it’s not just about the What, but also the Why.
Within the role, you will contribute to our team across all aspects of the project lifecycle, including proposal/pitch, research design, interpretation and analysis, presentations, and client consultation. Our client roster spans across consumer, corporate and financial, technology, health sciences, and government sectors.
An understanding of the challenges facing market research from external factors, as well as a firm understanding of the business and marketing challenges faced by brands in our client sectors, would be considered an asset.
The ideal candidate loves a team environment and must have strong organizational and communication skills.
- Identify insights to inform creative and project briefs
- Translate research insights into customer/patient profile and personas and journey mapping
- Inform our client strategies by conducting primary and secondary customer/patient, industry and trend research
- Oversee research assets and subscriptions and proactively identify and share value-add trend and research insights applicable to our client’s business and industry
- Contribute to Environics thought leadership profile (content and blog articles)
- Collaborate with others in our analytics, creative, paid media, influencer, and media relations teams and establish relationships with our group of companies (Environics Research, Environics Analytics, Free For All Marketing and Agnostic)
- Join with internal teams to serve clients and generate revenue through billing for research insights
- Work with senior team members to define new, and improve existing, research methodologies and processes
- Further embed our agency as a trusted partner to our clients, by continually demonstrating our understanding of their brand within their industry, customers within their segments, and product within their category
Skills & Experience
- Unrelenting curiosity.
- Experience working in a research capacity, focused on delivering insights, at an agency or research firm
- Ability to clearly communicate research insights to internal teams and clients
- Comfortable using research and data analytics platforms (license-based services), and identifying secondary sources of information to identify compelling insights
- Possess qualitative and quantitative sensibility
- Demonstrated insight identification sensibilities, from designing research all the way to interpretation and presentation
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint, and experienced with marketing intelligence programs
- Detail oriented and able to manage multiple projects and clients simultaneously
- Strong communication, data visualization, story-telling skills, and the ability to comfortably present to a range of audiences
- Demonstrated client-service, relationship-building and business development skills
- Excellent people management skills
- You are a proven team player
- You continuously demonstrate Environics core values: entrepreneurial & creative; respectful; driven and responsive; collaborative & fun
- Experience conducting surveys, 1:1 interviews and/or ethnographic research studies is an asset