Corporate & Financial Practice
Toronto / March 6, 2017
We’re looking for an outstanding PR professional with 3-4 years’ experience, ideally supporting both financial services and a diverse range of other organizations, to be the newest Consultant in our growing Corporate & Financial practice group in Toronto.
The Corporate & Financial practice supports a broad range of innovative and successful Canadian and international organizations and brands. If you like storytelling across multiple platforms, solving client communication challenges, building relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders and collaborating with colleagues, then you’ll fit right in. A Consultant is an integral part of the Environics team, providing day-to-day account support to a variety of clients.
We can provide you with a stimulating experience in a diverse and unique agency environment, where learning and professional growth are a priority and where your contributions and ideas are welcomed and appreciated.
Experience and qualifications
- 3-4 years of professional communications experience, ideally with an emphasis on corporate communications and B2B, financial or professional services. PR, marketing or advertising agency experience is a definite plus.
- Understanding of, and enthusiasm for, the evolving PESO model (paid/earned/shared/owned)
- University degree in communications, marketing, journalism or a related field and/or a post-graduate certificate in public relations.
- Demonstrated ability to produce content for various purposes, including blogs, news releases, media advisories, presentations, whitepapers, strategic communications plans, social content and video scripts.
- Outstanding media relations skills, including story development, pitching and developing journalist relationships.
- Proficiency with digital/social media platforms and tools for business, such Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Radian6, GroupHigh, Google monitoring and advertising tools. Understanding of SEO and SEM is a plus.
- Strong planning and project management skills, with an eye for detail and an ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks and competing priorities, manage the day-to-day execution of integrated communications tactics and develop strong client relationships.
- A passion for client service.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Confident, professional, mature personality.
- Team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Proactive, self-motivated, highly reliable.
- Comfortable dealing with multiple clients and teams, meeting their objectives and priorities.
- Providing coaching and mentoring support to account coordinators, effectively delegating work, sharing relevant context and regular feedback.
- Inspiring confidence of others through a collaborative work style.
- A thirst for ongoing learning and self-improvement.
- A positive attitude and an appreciation for long-term achievement.
- Working with senior team members to develop your leadership skills and seek out opportunities for growth.
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Consultant Application: Corporate & Financial Practice” in the subject line.
No telephone calls please, and we regret that we are not able to acknowledge or respond to every inquiry.