Toronto / September 11, 2017
You’re part builder and part visionary, and thrive in a nimble yet established agency environment.
We are looking for a sharp, confident, and grounded professional who loves consumer marketing and all things digital. Playing a vital role at Environics as a new breed of Account Director, you’ll initiate and direct large-scale planning and integrated marketing activities across CPG and consumer lifestyle accounts. Managing senior-level client relationships will be an important part of your role, and you’ll be challenged to seek out new ways to provide value and expand business opportunities. In doing so, agency teams ranging from Strategy, Communications, Creative, Production, and Paid will look to your leadership to drive multi-channel programs that elevate consumer brand experiences and measurably support client business objectives.
Beyond-client focused responsibilities, you’ll be asked to develop and lead account teams of varied experience as we grow.
- Build strong and trusted business relationships with senior clients through regular contact, continually seeking to secure new opportunities for healthy organic growth or through annual planning
- Develop a solid understanding of the clients’ business and the competitive environment to add value in their business planning
- Lead the execution of integrated communications and marketing programs, and work effectively with internal teams to manage strategy development, public and influencer relations, social/digital and creative campaign execution, paid media support, and analytics and reporting
- Provide team leadership throughout all stages of project development to ensure that work is aligned with client’s strategic direction.
- Support team delivery of tasks and projects, accountable for high-quality project delivery to agreed deadlines
- Actively contribute to regular client status meetings and manage/maintain up-to-date client reports
- Proactively identify and manage critical issues to solve problems; demonstrate resilience and adapts to evolving plans and strategies
- Up-to-date on trends and platforms, and equipped with creativity and innovative ideas
- Evolve and challenge client briefs – and teams – to deliver on business and communications objectives
- Ensure financial performance across multiple accounts/projects, i.e. profitability, income (including forecasts) and organic growth
- Participate and drive new business development efforts and networking opportunities
- Manage, coach and mentor junior team members with challenging work, constructive feedback, and by being a team player
- 8+ years relevant experience working within a communications, digital or advertising agency
- Strong knowledge across earned, owned and paid spaces
- Motivated and enthusiastic team player that excels working with a variety of consumer clients including food & beverage, packaged goods, retail and financial, and consumer products
- Able to manage business and organizational models including finance and operations, having experience managing interdisciplinary teams on sizable pieces of business
- Proven ability to grow account revenues year-over-year
- New business development skills and ability to play a strong role in strategic planning and presentations
- Demonstrated ability to successfully coach and manage other client service team members
- Strong team ethic to ensure quality control while maintaining a positive outlook
- Familiar with standard client services practices – status reports, agency team briefs, SOWs – and ability to complete when requested
- Exceptional communication skills – oral and written with strong proficiency in Microsoft software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Razor-sharp focus, attention to detail and time management skills