Foundations and Nonprofits
Washington, DC / January 8, 2018
As Account Director, Foundations and Nonprofits, you are a digitally savvy + superlative writer and verbal communicator with a knack for traditional media pitching. You’re joining the team to help us grow this practice area, and you’re ready to hit the ground running by directing multiple account teams. You’re well-versed in all facets of communications, PR, and marketing, you understand that integrative approaches will yield better results and ultimately delight clients. A demonstrated leader, you’re adept at simultaneously directing the development, implementation, and support of strategic communications programs on behalf of our foundation and nonprofit clients while continually providing leadership and guidance to junior team members. Additionally, you can be proactive in your management approach – you lead by example and prioritize staff development.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Help grow the Environics Foundation and Nonprofit practice area
- Direct multiple account teams on all nonprofit and foundation accounts
- Oversee and be responsible for budget adherence and operational performance of multiple accounts
- Ensuring that high-quality work is delivered on time while making sure strategy and tactics ladder back up to business goals
- High-level business development planning, staff development planning, and account service planning
- Mentor and manage junior staff including formal professional development and performance reviews
- Cultivate strong and stable client relationships built on trust and respect, acting as strategic counsel and partner for all client contacts
- Drive campaign development from start to finish, including strategic planning, execution, optimization, and analysis
- Direct media relations: media monitoring and media outreach activities
- Direct and review media lists, press releases and materials, story ideas, and pitches to national and trade outlets
- Review and write client marketing materials ensuring consistency in voice and writing style
- Develop communications plans that integrate traditional and digital media strategies
- Account supervision including day-to-day account management oversight, ensuring account activities are productive and serving the client’s objectives, proactively available as higher-level counsel for the client, as-needed
- Participate in new business processes including relationship building, research, proposal writing, and pitching
- Serve as a brand steward, reviewing all deliverables prior to client delivery/presentation
- Strategically guide and vet analytics and summary reports prior to client presentation
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- BA/BS in PR, marketing, communications, or related field.
- 7+ years of full-time public relations experience, including pitching consumer, business, and trade media
- Senior level agency + management experience required.
- Proven ability to “get-the-job-done.”
- Strong writing skills
- Experience working with nonprofits is preferred
- International client management experience and/or foreign language fluency is preferred.
- Creative and strategic thinking with a penchant for the unexpected.
- A positive, can-do attitude
- Apple OS savvy. We have beautiful Macbook Pros; we hope you know how to use one!
We welcome all applicants inside and outside of the Washington, DC metropolitan area, but relocation fees will not be provided.